Equinox Fitness - Equinox Tribeca- what a joke!

1.3

Equinox Tribeca- What a nasty place! I was there- evening of Jan 2, 2017- checking in at the reception- and this guy- walking really fast and talking to the staff sitting in their cubicles behind him- bumps into me so hard he sends me reeling.

Worse- he is smaller than me- so his head hits my nose so hard I see stars! Everyone noticed- no one said anything. There was suddenly total silence. Talk of the three monkeys- no one came to help.

I go to the locker rooms completely shaken- more by the attitude of the staff than anything else. I spoke to one of the trainers and he suggested that I tell the front desk manager about it. He came down with me and called the manager-Jose Taveras- and it turns out that this face butting person is actually a staff member at Equinox. So Jose fills out an incident report and gives it to me.

Since then, I have reached out to various folks at the reception- even spoken with the general manager-Brittany Constantine who disclaimed any knowledge of this incident- and the general attitude is hostile.

Talk of loyalty or just plain lack of professionalism- I do not understand their behavior at all. What I love is the fact that I am actually a very old member of Equinox- been with them since 2002.

Product or Service Mentioned: Equinox Fitness Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Behavior of the staff at located at and near the front desk.

Comments

I also had an incident involving Jose Taveras. He was aggressively flirting with my friend.

My friend adamantly told him that she was engaged, but he was persistent. We ended up leaving the gym because of him...